Dam paddling

Aug 26th - Sept 11th

A few outings in the WW boat which didn't all go to plan.


There's not been much rain in Scotland this summer (??!) so firstly we needed water in rivers hence me looking simply at Dam release sites /dates.  Thus the Upper Tummel was completed, the Lower Tummel twice, and the Moriston.  And I sneaked in a trip down the Findhorn Gorge with Terry even though it was low.


On the Tummels, the highlights are always McLaren's Falls and the Linn.  Did a bit of supporting rescue cover for Cults CC along the way.  The Moriston was with Mike and the first run was just sweet;  then the drag back to the top and a not so good second run (got my hair wet !).  In similar fashion I got my hair wet on the Findhorn too... (must be rusty).


Pictures here of the Moriston.